(peace and wholeness) and welcome to our website, www.toratchaiim.org
We pray that your visit on this page will be a blessing and that your faith will be built and strengthened as you spend time studying on our site.
WHO WE ARE
The Hebrew phrase ‘Mishkan Torat Chaiim‘ means ‘Tabernacle of the Living Word.’ Who is the Living Word but Yeshua Himself (Yochanan 1:14). We are a group of believers who are distinctive in our beliefs in that we believe in:
- Deuteronomy 6:4 (commonly called the Shema) ie. that there is one and only one (Isaiah 43:10, 44:6, 45:5), eternal, unchanging, omniscient, omnipresent, omnipotent Eternal Creator and King of the Universe whose name is YHVH (Exodus 3:13 – 15)
- YHVH has revealed Himself on earth in the person of the man Yeshua, who is the express image (Hebrews 1:3) and the fullness of YHVH (Colossians 2:9)
- Redemption from man’s sin and sinful nature and reconciliation with YHVH has been made possible by the sacrificial death of Yeshua on the cross and by His resurrection (Acts 2:22 – 24, 2 Corinthians 5:18 – 19)
- Redemption is completely and purely a work of YHVH’s grace and cannot be added to in anyway whatsoever, it is freely given to man (Romans 3:24)
- Although redemption is freely given and cannot be added to, it must still be appropriated by personal faith before it can be effectual (Romans 5:1 – 2), and such faith requires obedience to YHVH (Jacob [James] 2:17)
- Acts 2:38 as the call to all mankind to be born again, ie. by repenting, being immersed in the name of YHVH Yeshua Mashiach and receiving the Ruach haKodesh (the Holy Spirit)
- The Torah as applicable to believers today who are to live it, not legalistically or with hypocrisy, but in the power of the Ruach haKodesh (Matthew 5:17 – 20). The Torah, translated law, teaching or instruction is the collective name usually used of the first five books of the Jewish and Christian Bibles, and often referred to as “The Law”. It is YHVH’s eternal standard of truth and holiness
- Those of us who are non-Jews but have come to faith in the Messiah of Israel have been grafted into Israel and become partakers of the covenants of YHVH. We do not replace Israel, either spiritually or physically (Romans 11)
Due to our belief in the Torah, some of our practices may seem Jewish, for the simple reason that our practices are based on the Scriptures, which are distinctly Jewish. For more about what we believe, please look up our Statement of Faith. Blessings and may Yeshua’s grace remain with you!
Mishkan Torat Chaiim
(Tabernacle of the Living Word)
OUR WORSHIP LOCATION
If you are interested in visiting with us, please contact us for the location of Shabbat meeting (Saturday).
Please contact us if you are interested in visiting or just want to know more about us or have a prayer request. We will be most glad to be of assistance.
If you have a question, please feel free to ask us and we will do our best to reply to you as soon as we can. Please forgive us if we are unable to reply to you quickly due to our heavy work schedule.